Thank you for popping by to find out more about us! We’re a Singapore and Hawaii based business dedicated to helping those who love ukuleles find high quality, dream ukuleles.
The Singapore Branch is run by Terence Tan. Terence has a background in guitars and just loves the seriously fun ukulele. He runs our website and web based services as well as handles all the ordering and the Asia Pacific Logistics.
The Hawaii Branch is run by Kimo Hussey, the world famous ukulele educator. Kimo has been heavily involved with teaching and playing the ukulele for many years now and handles the North American logistics as well as the ambassadorial role, where he plays our ukuleles in his various professional engagements.
We hope to get to get to you know and meet you, and maybe help you find that ukulele you’ve always wanted!
Terence & Kimo
A word from Kimo:
I fully retired two years ago and decided my ukulele future was going to be giving back as much as I could. In so doing, I realized I was learning new things and hearing about new opportunities faster than I could give back —– and now I’m back in full bore so I can max out the FUN factor.
I am so EXCITED and HONORED to tell you about a new partnership created with Terence Tan of Dream Ukes and me. Both Terence and I have been learning as much as we can about high-quality custom ukes. The ever-growing worldwide ukulele renaissance has brought forth not only many ukulele players but also luthiers who make the instruments we enjoy. We really owe these makers a huge debt of gratitude because they’re doing a bang-up job making ukes that look better, play easier and sound fantastic(er). What a deal that is for us who enjoy playing. Even better, Terence and I are joining forces in order to better educate YOU on the research we’ve done (which, of course, involves playing these instruments as our form of R&D) to assure you know what’s out there and the quality available.
So our efforts primarily involve the Dream Ukes site that shows off the ukes we’re learning about. These ukes are available to you either by acquiring them directly through the website or letting us order something for you. If you’re looking for something and can’t find it on our site, do tell us so we can help in your search as best we can. Because we do this for FUN and love of ukulele, our goal is to offer you these instruments at prices quite similar to what would be paid if the consumer went directly to the luthier. We see ourselves as helping good makers get connected with good players. As there is no such thing as the ultimate ukulele, both Terence and I feel like kids in a candy store. Come join us in having fun!
Terence and I bring several comprehensive and varied experiences in our service to you and great ukulele music and fun is always the goal!!!!!
A word from Terence:
I moved to playing ukes after years of playing acoustic guitar- for one reason and one reason only…. because they are FUN! I am really excited and honored to be able to work with Kimo to research high quality ukes, and to be able to offer them to players around the world. I’m even more excited to get to know and help you have fun and obtain a ukulele you’ve always wanted!
Please take a few moments to review our policies before purchasing.
- We are a Singapore based business, registered under Questor Services, Company Registration number 53016984c
- In addition to our Asian presence, we maintain a small informal office in Hawai’i, USA.
- Shipping is FOB or Free of Board (the responsibility of the customer) unless specifically stated
- In the unlikely event the courier/post service damages/loses the pickguard, we will gladly assist in any claims you may wish to pursue.
- Once the package is with the courier, it is beyond our control and is the courier’s responsibility
- For your convenience, we accept cash, wire transfer, moneybrokers and paypal.
- We have a 5% premium on all internet payments.
- We would be glad to hold any uke for your for 5 days pending deposit or payment
- Likewise, we would be delighted to hold any uke for 1 week on a 10% refundable deposit (less transaction fees).
- Layaway plans are available, with a restocking fee of 5-10%, depending on the price of the instrument.
- We want you to be totally happy with your ukulele!
- All our instruments come with a 48 hour approval period
- If it doesn’t suit you, just return it to us, in the same condition and we’ll issue a full refund, less shipping costs, if applicable, any transaction fees (eg, bank transfer fees, although usually there are none.) or a restocking fee of 7%.
- Important information on Care and setups here.
Warranty on used instruments
- Dream Ukes offers a two-year guarantee that certifies our instruments to be free of defects. The following conditions apply:
- Warranty applies to purchaser only
- Warranty does not cover normal wear, accidental damage, abuse or poor care. Please see our section on how to care for your uke.
- Repair or replacement of any instrument is at our discretion
- All repairs must be done in our shop or by an authorized repairperson
“livor ut nullus quod sanctimonia ut totus”